08-25-2012 04:01 AM
HP Pavilion dv7-4169wm Entertainment Notebook
I have recently installed Windows 8 RTM on my laptop.
The CPU is overheating and I'm not sure why...
The CPU is fine when I run Windows 7, so I think it may be a driver issue.
Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Any ideas?
10-26-2012 12:49 PM
Ditto! I just upgraded my DV7 laptop to Windows 8 and it started overheating, very loud, while plugged in. I shut it down until I get an answer. I don't want to jeopardize my fairly new laptop.
10-26-2012 01:11 PM
10-26-2012 01:29 PM
I really don't know. Can you help me figure that out? I'm in device manager. I clicked on Display adapters. It says I have Intel HD Graphics 3000. Nothing else.
Under sound, video and game controllers, it says
IDT High Definition Audio coec and intel display audio
10-27-2012 10:31 PM
10-28-2012 10:07 AM
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)