12-24-2012 07:09 PM
My system uses an AMD Sempron 1250 CPU that has a maximum speed rating of 2.2GHz. However it never runs any faster than 1 GHz under any load or test conditions that I have tried. The Windows "Hardware Diagnostic Tools" test and the Norton diagnostic CPU tests produce the same results--always "current clock speed" of 1 GHz.
If my CPU is capable of running 2 times that speed I would certainly like to make it happen.
Some of the suggestions I have found on the internet recommend changing my clock speed in my BIOS.
I am running Phoenix BIOS Rev. 5.38 03/20/2009. I haven't seen any options to change the clock speed with this BIOS version.
Any help is greatly appreciated
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)