Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
g7-1002sa
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi  

I wonder if you can help.

I HAVE TWO HP Pavilions g7 One is Intel g7-1357sa Prod. A8K86EA#ABU and the other AMD g7-1002sa Prod.. LK883EA#ABU.

Can I swap the motherboard complete?

I would like to put the Intel board into the other machine as it is in much better physical condition.

I look forward to your advice.

Cheers

Goatherd2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@goatherd2

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂

I came across your post and understand that you would like to install the Intel motherboard (A8K86EA) into the other laptop (LK883EA). I'd certainly like to put some light on this case.

I did some research and found the service guide (page# 77) and as per the user guide, your HP Pavilion g7-1357sa Notebook has a motherboard equipped with Intel HM65 Express chipset and it should be ready to be swapped/installed into the HP Pavilion g7-1002sa Notebook. 

Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@goatherd2

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂

I came across your post and understand that you would like to install the Intel motherboard (A8K86EA) into the other laptop (LK883EA). I'd certainly like to put some light on this case.

I did some research and found the service guide (page# 77) and as per the user guide, your HP Pavilion g7-1357sa Notebook has a motherboard equipped with Intel HM65 Express chipset and it should be ready to be swapped/installed into the HP Pavilion g7-1002sa Notebook. 

Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions. Cheers!

HP Recommended

Many thanks for that ........very helpful....

HP Recommended

@goatherd2

You're welcome. I'm glad it was helpful. 🙂

Cheers! 

HP Recommended

Hi, Just done the swap and all working well, again many thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.