10-09-2012 10:26 AM
Can I upgrade my processor in my pavilion dv7 4179nr laptop from a 1.70 GHz to a 2.0+ GHz processor & if so, what kind & how much do they usually run? I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.
10-09-2012 11:03 AM
Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.
Supported processors can be found in chapter 1, pages 1 & 2.
Part numbers for processors can be found in chapter 3.
Enter the part number in the box at the link below and you can see what HP charges for them.
I would look on eBay and see what is for sale there.
10-09-2012 12:55 PM
Here is the link to the service manual for your notebook:
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)