Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp 250 g4
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi all, i need help. I have notebook hp 250 g4 and i want to install SSD disk.

But i dont know how i do it :smileyindifferent:

Please help me)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This Youtube video might help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey6KxAly9cQ

If you want the Manual here it is:

Manual

Page 42. You can install any 2.5 inch wide SATA SSD in place of the hard drive. 

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-2-5-Inch-Internal-MZ-75E250B-AM/dp/B00OAJ412U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1...

Post back if you need help with software migration/reinstall. 

If this is "the Answer"please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

Bought this laptop from eBuyer and noticed there aren't any guides showing you how to replace the HDD/SSD; so here you go! If you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them for you. Enjoy! Don't forget to like, comment & subscribe for more videos!
9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

This Youtube video might help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey6KxAly9cQ

If you want the Manual here it is:

Manual

Page 42. You can install any 2.5 inch wide SATA SSD in place of the hard drive. 

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-2-5-Inch-Internal-MZ-75E250B-AM/dp/B00OAJ412U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1...

Post back if you need help with software migration/reinstall. 

If this is "the Answer"please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

Bought this laptop from eBuyer and noticed there aren't any guides showing you how to replace the HDD/SSD; so here you go! If you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them for you. Enjoy! Don't forget to like, comment & subscribe for more videos!
HP Recommended

Thank you very much :Wink:

HP Recommended

Good morning / evening, I am a new member and new owner of an HP 250 G4 (Intel Celeron).

By reading this post, I bought the PC and a Samsung SSD 750 EVO.

I tried to install the SSD instead of HD.

The SSD is seen and recognized but can not activate the AHCI driver for which the SSD is a little faster the HD mechanic. Test with the Samsung Magician who does not recognize the SSD why not active either AHCI or SATA 6GB.

I tried to get into the BIOS, but there is no trace of any configuration or possibility to install drivers to resolve.

Can someone help me?

Thank you.

P.S. Excuse my English, I'm Italian, I studied French and then I go to Google Translator.

HP Recommended

You do not need to activate ahci...it is set by default and could not be changed if you wanted to. To be clear, is the SSD working?

HP Recommended

Hello and thanks for asking,

the SSD works but not in AHCI mode. Magician (Samsung) informs me that it is not currently in AHCI mode and even the SATA 6Gb.

The SSD performance is ridiculous, just superior to a mechanical HD

HP Recommended

It is likely in RAID mode which the Samsung Magician falsely reports as not ahci, but it is ahci compliant. Can you run a benchmark on it like CrystalDisk? 

HP Recommended

In my opinion the problem is not Samsung Magician.
I have others with SSD laptops (HP Probook 455 G2 and Acer Aspire 5742G) installed on port 0 (old mechanical HD) and mechanical HD instead of DVD Caddy, performance with the SSD mounted on HP 250 G4 are not even comparable with the two mentioned PC.
I tried to install the HP 250 G4 mechanical HD (with Caddy instead of DVD), but the system does not start. I managed, reversing SSD (of Caddy) with mechanical HD (port 0) to start the system but remains the slow pace of the SSD and the lack of recognition of Samsung Magician.
For the test with CrystalDisk I wanted to wait to see if there is a solution as I removed SSD and put everything back in its original state.
If the system is configured in a RAID how do I remove it?
Thank you so much for your concern

HP Recommended

A little bit of a language barrier here. Why don't you tell us exactly what products you have installed and on what ports? I am confused by your reference to the DVD caddy. The storage controller is Intel RAID not Intel AHCI to allow RAID. It does not need to be disabled. It is fully AHCI complaint and should allow TRIM and NCQ for the SSD. The Samsung Magician has caused a lot of Users here to go down a lot of rabbit holes. I would just ignore it and use a benchmark to see how the SSD is actually performing. 

HP Recommended

Maybe I get lost with the translation and I apologize.
Tomorrow, if I find the time, I try to re-install SSD and do a scan with CrystalDisk.
Thanks again

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.