Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Sorry to tell you but I just had a chat with a tech and he said you cannot expand the memory

HP Recommended

:smileylol::smileymad::smileyembarrassed:

The technicians of the various manufacturers of computers or anything else, better to let them lose, I can tell you from personal experience.
If I can upgrade the SSD or RAM you'll know just I say I'll open that computer is the only way to know. The technicians tell you ALWAYS that is not possible, but they NEVER tried.
regards

HP Recommended

:smileymad::womanmad:

For this time!!! sigh sigh technical you answered right, on this PC you can not upgrade anything, it is all incorporated into the motherboard.
I would say a PC to be changed as soon as possible definitely not recommended any purchase of the genre.
see:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSw82WuMeJg

PC Disassembling, and inside you see that SSD and RAM are directly plug into the motherboard. A real crap adding that the SD Memory Card is not detected by bios. CRAZY!!!
regards

HP Recommended

thats what i'm wondering i have 4 but at tells me im full dont get it

HP Recommended

I was able to get Windows 10 on my Stream.  The best and easiest thing to do is perform a fresh install of Win 10 on the laptop.  To do this, take a blank USB stick (8 GB is ideal) and make it a Windows 10 installation media: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

From there, back up your files to the remaining space on the USB stick.  If you need more space, use another stick or USB drive.

Restart your PC but keep hitting F10 when you see the HP logo screen.  This will take you into the BIOS.  Find the section to adjust your boot order to the USB stick first.  Save settings and ensure you've got your Win 10 Installation USB stick in the machine.  It will boot into the Windows 10 setup.  Go to Advanced when prompted and delete ALL partitions on the drive.  Once that is done, select the unpartitioned space and click 'new'.  Win 10 will automatically create the appropriate partitions on the drive and install the OS.

NOTE: after the installation performs the first restart, you will need to change the boot order back to the OS Boot Drive first.  This will allow the installation to continue.

Once the OS has completed the installation, restore your files.

This is truly the best option for these laptops.  Not only will this be a fresh install to make your PC run the best, but it will also not have all of the "bloatware" that HP installs on their machines.  This is normally software that is useless, trial based, and does nothing but use up the already limited system resources on your machine.

For those wondering how Win 10 does on these, it's just fine.  I've got the 2GB RAM version of this laptop and it still does ok for basic tasks.  I've also got 17 GB free after the installation.

HP Recommended

Basically these are junk ! Great for kids for surfing , old seniors for email , not for normal use, not for college kids. I bought one from a coworker before leaving for 50.00 , for 2gb or 4gb for ram 'enough, and rinky dinky ssd 32gb ? lol cmon....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.