Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Can I take the motherboard on HP Pavilion 15-ab211cy, then I put on my HP Beats Special Edition 15-p030nr. I want to change the motherboard only. Can it be fitted? The both motherboard are same size?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Motherboard for 15-ab211cy:

AMD A10-8700P processor 809338-601

15-p030nr motherboard:

AMD A8-5545M W8STD for use with Windows Standard HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC 766713-501

I think the different shapes shows the motherboards are not interchangeable. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Motherboard for 15-ab211cy:

AMD A10-8700P processor 809338-601

15-p030nr motherboard:

AMD A8-5545M W8STD for use with Windows Standard HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC 766713-501

I think the different shapes shows the motherboards are not interchangeable. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended
Can motherboard from HP Pavilion 15-AB032AX fit into HP Beats Special edition 15-p030nr?
HP Recommended

No the answer would be the same. Motherboard has to come from same model or very close. Laptop motherboards are a "one off" unique design. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.