Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

When I put the new hard drive in I got "No bootable device found press any key" oh from here I inserted the old hard back in.

I was able to get to Recovery Manager and your allowed to do a; one time copy of recovery disc. For some reason it wouldn't allow me to do it with a USB stick, but i was able to insert  5 disc for: recovery media.

I hope i explained your question here. 

HP Recommended

Got it. Understood but if the old hard drive is bad it was not capable of producing a viable set of recovery disks I am sorry to say. We gotta find another way to load software on your computer. 

HP Recommended

Yes I didn't think aout that, even though the disk might have looked liked it was formatted. It could have been damaged or corrupted because my hard drive was damaged.

I am going to contact those companys that you gave me for the repair kit: which are: http://www.computersurgeons.com/ and http://www.restoredisks.com/

thank you

HP Recommended

Hello again, and I'm am stuck again.

I purchased the HP recovery media and I got 3 disk, and the first one went through

but when I loaded the second one it stopped  and I got a message" Bootmgr is missing" Press Ctrl*Atl* Del to restart. But I just get the same message over and over again.

HP Recommended

Disk 2 is not bootable....the program launched by disk 1 should ask for disk 2 and then when you put in disk 2 the recovery program should continue. 

HP Recommended

Yes after the first disk, it said insert 2 disk and i did, and it said; " wait"

it said something but I forgot but it would not go through. I can't remember sorry.

Is there anyway to start the process from the beginning and see if it goes through?

HP Recommended

oh thanks for all your advice again.

HP Recommended

Yes you can start over from disk 1 as many times as needed. Make sure the disks are clean. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

I was just doing that I cleaned them and started all over again. I think I know where I made my mistake. " After disk one completed at 56% it said insert disk 2 and wait" I put disk 2 in and pressed "next". MY MISTAKE WAS PRESSING NEXT!

This time I inserted disk 2 and did nothing, I noticed it went from 56% to 57%. So I didn't  touch anything after inserting disk 1.

Right now Software Installation is being installed.

thanks and thanks

HP Recommended

Hey!! 

It works :OpenSmile:

thanks for all your help. After inserting the third disk, "didn't touch anything' Wow so Happy.....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.