Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-b162sr Sleekbook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.  Once I asked a question, and your support is greatly helped me in the selection of RAM for my beloved laptop. At the moment I began to think about replacing the video card. And is it possible? And what kind of video card you can change?
Also I'm interested in the question is that if the integrated video card, the video card is replaced with the replacement of the motherboard?

Thanks for answer. Stas.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Omniverse wrote:

ok. But i have 2 videocards. Intel HD and Nvidia geforce 630m 2gb...

No. You do not have video cards, your sleekbook has two video solutions.  Welcome to the world of notebook PC technology. It is not the same as desktop motherboard technology. 

Intel HD video is on the same chip as the processor.

https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjd0sjv3ujOA...

The Nvidia 630m 2gb is a discrete mini PCIe video adapter, not a video card.  It is not upgradeable.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The Intel HD video solution in your notebook is actually on the same chip as the CPU. It is now called an APU. It is not on the systemboard. Replacement of the systemboard would be required to upgrade the Intel HD video. Unfortunately, the Intel Core i5 processor is the best this notebook has to offfer. There are no compatible systemboards with Intel Core i7 processors.

You have an sleekbook. Ugrading the video card is not a viable option. Notebooks do not have video cards. Some high end notebooks do have discrete video adapters.

If you were wanting to upgrade video cards and other components then you should have been considering a desktop PC.  

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

@Omniverse wrote:

No. You do not have video cards, your sleekbook has two video solutions.  Welcome to the world of notebook PC technology. It is not the same as desktop motherboard technology. 

Intel HD video is on the same chip as the processor.

https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjd0sjv3ujOA...

The Nvidia 630m 2gb is a discrete mini PCIe video adapter, not a video card.  It is not upgradeable.

HP Recommended

Thats very sad. Thank you for help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.