08-30-2011 02:22 PM
Hi there. I have proved the charging of the battery. It seems that the notebook charges the battery but there is no way that the software (windows 7 or HP support assistant) detects the charging of the battery. When I run the battery check in the HP support assistant this cannot detect that the battery is plugged. I don't know whats happening.
08-30-2011 02:33 PM
Open Device Manager
Click the plus (+) sign next to Batteries category, right-click all of the "Microsoft ACPI
Compliant Control Method Battery" listings, and select Uninstall In the "Confirm Device
Uninstall" dialog box, click OK. (it’s ok if you only have 1 of these).
Click the plus (+) sign next to System Devices.Right-click the “ACPI Fixed Features Button" and select Uninstall. In the "Confirm Device
Uninstall" dialog box, click OK.
08-30-2011 02:58 PM
No. Seems that the problem is not of Windows but is of the computer because when I turn off the computer with the battery plugged and connect the AC the light stills flashes. I tried what you said without any good result.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)