Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion -15-ak085na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Clickpad left click acting as right click, or not responding to clicks at all. 

Drivers updated, computer total reset, all suggestions found online followed, but no success in sorting this matter. I'm beginning to suspect a hardware failure. 

Scans say all is ok and operating correctly, but obviously it is not. Very frustrated and disappointed with this problem on a new computer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @potty12,

Thank you for the query.

I understand that you are experiencing an issue with the touchpad. The left click acts like a right click or does not respond.

Have you done all your Windows updates? Have you run the HP Support Assistant  to aid with acquiring HP updates? Have you run the Windows troubleshooter? Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10) that should help.  If the issue remains, as this is a recent purchase, please contact HP Support for assistance. With your permission, they can access your system to help locate and resolve difficulties. Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support

Please let me know the outcome.

Please click the"Accept as Solution" if you feel this post has helped you, or could help others. You can say thanks easily, by clicking the "Thumbs Up" below!    

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @potty12,

Thank you for the query.

I understand that you are experiencing an issue with the touchpad. The left click acts like a right click or does not respond.

Have you done all your Windows updates? Have you run the HP Support Assistant  to aid with acquiring HP updates? Have you run the Windows troubleshooter? Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10) that should help.  If the issue remains, as this is a recent purchase, please contact HP Support for assistance. With your permission, they can access your system to help locate and resolve difficulties. Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support

Please click the"Accept as Solution" if you feel this post has helped you, or could help others. You can say thanks easily, by clicking the "Thumbs Up" below!    

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Perthaps I clicked the solved button too soon. It would appear that the support assistant has not solved the issue completely after all. Initially the Bios update and resetting the mouse appeared to be a fix, but 24 hours later and the left click is once again acting as right click, failing to respond to click intermittently, though as yet not as frequently.

HP Recommended

Hi @potty12,

Thank you for the update.  I understand that it was resolved for a day but has not returned.   If you rerun the HP Support Assistant is there any change.  If you check Devise Manager did the driver change when the notebook was restarted?  Have you tried rolling back the driver in Device Manager?  Have you checked for viruses and malware?  MS Malicious Software Removal Tool.  Should the you overcome the issue again, create a restore point to return to should it return.

Please keep me posted on the outcome.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I carried out every suggestion on the HP site, including a full factory reset of my computer, all updates, driver checks...everything! 

The HP assistant carried out a bios update, reset the mouse etc and it seemed ok initially, but the problem has not gone. He just suggested a full reset, but as I said, I have only just done that...twice! 

HP Recommended

Hi @potty12,

Thank you for the update.  As you have done a reset twice and the issue remains, please contact HP Support for assistance.   Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support.  With your permission, they can remotely access your system to help find and fix issues.

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.