Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Compaq 510
Windows
I have used compaq 510 for about 10 years. Now i want to upgrade my laptop, especially CPU. It currently using Core 2 Duo T5870. Can i upgrade the CPU and what CPUs can be used as an upgrade
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the quickspecs for your model.

According to the list on page 4, you are already at the max.

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c04284414

If you want to experiment, the Mobile Intel GME965 chipset your notebook has, can support up to the

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9500 (2.60 GHz, 6 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB).

I read the BIOS release notes for your model and there are no versions that add support for other processors.

So... you can live with the status quo or roll the dice and see if one of these processors would work for you.

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9500 (2.60 GHz, 6 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB)*

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9300 (2.50 GHz, 6 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB)*

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T8300 (2.40 GHz, 3 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB)*

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T8100 (2.10 GHz, 3 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB)*

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7800 (2.60 GHz, 4 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB)*

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7700 (2.40 GHz, 4 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB)*

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7500 (2.20 GHz, 4 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB)*

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7300 (2.00 GHz, 4 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB)*

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7250 (2.00 GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB)*

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7100 (1.80 GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB)*

HP Recommended

My friends

My laptop came with the GLE960 Chipset, i'm using a Celeron T1500 and tryed to use Core2Duo T6500 but no sucess. Also tryed a Pentium T4500 but same problem. Crashes all the time at windows start and i get blurred screen. Which CPUs can be used?

HP Recommended

Hi i have compaq 510 t1500 1.8 ghz laptop, when i try to look up on my "DXDIAG" and "system info" it says that i have Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family.

does it mean i  have Mobile Intel GME965 chipset? can this upgrade options be available on my laptop too?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.