05-15-2013 10:39 AM
Okay well I have recently bought a compaq 615 laptop from my dad at the time of when I bought it of him it had a sempron processor and 2gb ram it still has the sempron processor but i have upgraded it to 4gb ram i believe the maximum amount of ram to be 8GB i just wanted to know if that was true and I am looking to upgrade to a dual core processor but can not find one anywhere...
Any help would be muchly appreciated thank you.
05-15-2013 11:17 AM
more details on current chip & socket type along with mainboard type will help answer the question better.
RAM is stated as 8GB max but not tried it on that model myself & again exact mainboad details such as model number & chipset type will help get better answer .
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)