Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

worked just fine. my lap top came on, thanks:womanlol:

HP Recommended

Have tried everything mentioned, no luck here.

Light is blinking 3 times so I think it is a memory issue.

HP Recommended

Can anyone help please?

HP Recommended

Success! To a point!

Found my Trust power adapter, which has different ends you can clip on and I clipped in the Compaq end and we have power, boot up etc. So much for the blinking LEDs indicating the fault!

However I think the AC adapter in the laptop itself is loose as when it is at a certain angle it will not charge and an x comes up on the battery meter.

Does anyone know how easy it is to repair this?

Thanks again

HP Recommended

my compaq laptop computer doesn't turn on

HP Recommended
Compaq your laptop cq60 is worst laptop ive ever had piece of **bleep** now wont turn on at All il tell everyone I know never buy a compaq
HP Recommended
These Compaq laptops r **bleep** my Acer never did this I told all 500 facebookers on my page never buy a Compaq yuol end up pulling ur hair out
HP Recommended
Hi I have a 4 year old cq60. When I try to turn on, nothing happens apart from a light on the front left of the laptop body (next to power lamp) flashes 3 times. I've read and tried everything,removing power and battery holding on button down for 20 secs, etc but nothing happens, no sounds and no other lights come on. There is a small light next to the where the power lead goes in, and this lights when the lead is inserted. Has any one got a solution?
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a Compaq Laptop which is not at all switching on.  I say that i power on the system, the power light glows but the monitor is not switching on... i get a light blinking against Caps lock and Scroll lock.  I tried plugging and unplugging power but monitor is not at all swtiching on.  Only caps lock and scroll lock light blinks.  Plz help.  i am facing this issue only for the past 2days.

Thx,

Johny K

HP Recommended

Hello Buds0367,

I understand you are having a power issue with your laptop, is that correct? I will be happy to help you.

Can you please provide the full make and model of the computer you have, the CQ60 is just the series information. If you are unsure where to locate that information on the computer, have a look at this link for help if needed.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.