11-30-2013 11:53 AM
I am looking to upgrade my Compaq Presario CQ56-115DX. It has an S1g4 motherboard and currently, a V140 CPU. I checked the spec details and the best upgrade I could find is the AMD Phenom II P650. It is compatible with the motherboard, has the same 25W rating but increaces my speed to 2.6mhz. Is this a feasable upgrade or just a waste of time? I know I need at least a 2.4-2.5mhz to run Neverwinter Nights 2. Thanks.
11-30-2013 02:10 PM - last edited on 04-20-2016 10:40 AM by OscarFuentes
Here are the minimum system requirements for the game:
Here are the specs of your laptop:
The HD4250 video card just is not going to cut it and there is no upgrade to that. Sorry.
11-30-2013 03:31 PM
I have done a lot of cpu upgrades on laptops and small increases on the cpu don't help much unless it is more than 200mhz. As for gaming your gpu is the weak link but it won't hurt to upgrade anyway and it will make a difference in evreything but gaming.
Scrub the cooler and use only the best non metal compound on the market for better thermals. Pull any plastic and foam that is on the cooler that is needless.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)