03-03-2013 12:50 PM - edited 03-03-2013 12:51 PM
Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.
The supported Intel processors you can install depend on what chipset the motherboard in your PC has.
Notebooks with the Intel series 6 chipsets can take the Intel Core i5-2430M or the Intel Core i3-2330M processors.
Notebooks with the Intel series 5 chipset can take the Intel Core i3-370M.
Based on the processor you currently have, I believe your notebook has the Intel series 6 (HM65) chipset.
Intel second generation core processors are pretty expensive and I am not sure the ROI would be worth the cost.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)