02-08-2010 03:19 PM
So recently I was using my laptop when All of a sudden, the mousepad/touchpad stopped working for no apparent reason.
I checked the touchpad switch and it was on. I tried updating the drivers but whenever I go into system>device manager, there is no "mouse and other pointing devides" section (unless I plug in another mouse). The drivers all installed successfully so now I'm thinking its a firmware problem?
Could anyone help me with this problem? Would flashing bios help?
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)