Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Good day to all,

I have a problem regarding my compaq presario cq61. My unit does not boot up using battery or even the ac power supply is connected.

> I'm sure that my ac power supply is in good condition. The LED is on and it has voltage output.

> I noticed something that when I plugged the ac power supply the LED of the dc input turns on but after sometimes ( about 5seconds) the LED suddenly turns off.

What is the problem of my Compaq Presario CQ61? Please help me regarding this.

Thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello jervenbatilo,

I see that you are having power on problems with your HP computer. You have done most of the appropriate troubleshooting for your issue.

I am including this link that has most of the troubleshooting steps that may resolve your issue.

If you are still unable to get any power on the computer it is most likely an issue with the system board in the computer.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Complete name model is CQ61-303SV

HP Recommended
Hi to all,
I have exactly the same problem with jervenbatilo. My notebook model is CQ61-330ET. I tried everyhing, changing the adaptor, battery. Nothing changes. I was also taking primary battery error for 4 months. And it freezed in black screen with the cursor "_" yesterday. Then it does not start anymore.
HP Recommended

I also tried to use other battery and ac adapter but it still doesn't work. I think the problem is in the motherboard but I'm not sure.

HP Recommended

Hello jervenbatilo,

I see that you are having power on problems with your HP computer. You have done most of the appropriate troubleshooting for your issue.

I am including this link that has most of the troubleshooting steps that may resolve your issue.

If you are still unable to get any power on the computer it is most likely an issue with the system board in the computer.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

Where is the link? Thanks.

HP Recommended
Gud day 2 all... I have a problem with my Compaq cq 61-425Sa it hangs each time I tried 2 run a program at apoint sometimes it buffs while trying 2 play a movie then I discover the processing clocks 100% before its starts this problem but it doesn't go off.. Pls anyone help me out
HP Recommended
I have the same problem. I was using my compaq presario and left it on came back an hour later and laptop was off. So I go to push the power button and nothing happens. No power to laptop at all. I tried taking power cord out and battery and then replacing battery then power adapter it wouldn't come back on. A few hours later I decided to hit power button again it came on. Few days later same thing happened this time it will not come back on. So I bought new battery and power cord with the box on it and the plug that plugs into the laptop itself. Still nothing no power at all. I tried different outlets too and won't come on at all. What is the issue?
HP Recommended
I tried the link and and tried all coon fixes unplugging power supply and disconnected everything and holding down power button for 15 sec and plugging in adapter still did nothing no lights came on and fan did not come in and bought a new power supply and ac adapter so that isn't the problem
HP Recommended

Try booting to a thumbdrive if disc drive is broken

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.