12-30-2009 10:58 AM
I took out the new hard drive from my daughters PC to try in one of our other models Compaq Presario's but it didn't fit so reinstalled it in my daughters PC. When I switched on it gave a message - "A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:"
It then gives instructions to check the hard drive and run Chkdsk /F but I can't boot up so can't do that.
I can't imagine what is wrong as I only removed the drive and then replaced it. I didn't drop or bang it.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)