Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP,

I had a problem with my computer fan. After reinstall of the computer i get slow performance and fan is noice. My computer be really hot in general use of the computer.

Hope you can help me :).

Regards Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Simon942,

I reviewed the post. Thanks for the quick reply. Like I said before, the only option left is to contact HP phone support to get the unit serviced. Please contact Hp phone support by following these steps.

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty.

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Simon942

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15 laptop and it overheats and is slow in performance. The g=fan appears to be loud. Not to worry, I'll do my best to help you with these issues. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• The exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • What was reinstalled on the laptop, was it the Windows operating system?
  • Does the laptop shutdown by itself when it overheats?
  • Does the laptop overheat specifically while playing games or no matter what you do it still overheats?

Meanwhile, I did some research and suggest you to perform the following steps:

• Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery out. If the battery is integrated then leave the battery inside the laptop
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

Also, please perform the steps as described in detail from this link. These steps will help reduce the fan noise and also prevent the laptop from overheating. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know the outcome. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello again :),

It's don't worked, but when i see the joblist is the CPU, RAM, and DISC usage really high. My computers factory WIndows is WIndows 8. But i had running a Windows 10 on it before i reinstalled then. I had the Old HP Support asistant. Maybe it can do the usage?

I had a screenshot here: http://prntscr.com/eq6u10 of the Joblist.

My computer do not overheat. But it be really hot. And the FAN go up and down in speed. I have HP Coolsense 2.2 version.

My motherboard is 70 ~Temp.

My computer is full up to date. And i had updated all my drivers. With IObit Driver Booster 4.3. 

I had tried your steps but don't work for me :(.

I really love my computer, so i hope we can find a good soluation ;(

Regards Simon

HP Recommended

Hi @Simon942,

I reviewed the post completely. Thanks for the quick reply. terrific troubleshooting and great effort for performing these steps to try and resolve the issue. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 

Please check perform all the prescribed steps from this document: 

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01657439 

and if this does not resolve the issue please run complete system diagnostics on the computer to isolate that there is no hardware failure with the computer from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259 and run the extensive tests that take 2 hours to run. If any component fails, it displays a failure code and make a note of it. Please contact HP phone support to explore service options for this computer. 

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Please keep me posted. I will keep a watch for your reply.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello again :),

I had tried to run a complete System diagnosic. From press "ESC" on bootup press "F2" and a complete system test.

It's stll do not working ;(

Regards Simon

HP Recommended

Hi @Simon942,

I read the post comprehensively. In that case, please do a hard reset on the unit from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768. Then try to run diagnostics again. If it still does not work, please contact Hp phone support from my previous link to explore service options, replacements or upgrades.

You've been simply fabulous to work with, considering your technical expertise and exhaustive technical skills. Smiley Happy  It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy Trust me, I've done all I can to assist you, by keeping your best interest in mind. 

I honestly hope the computer works great and stays healthy for a long time to come. Smiley Happy

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Again,

I had do a hard reset for som days ago. And it after that My PC is being hot. When i play some games or just Google Chrome.

Can it be because i had a old version of HP Support Asistant?

Screenshot: 

Screenshot_1.png

Regards Simon

HP Recommended

Hi @Simon942,

I reviewed the post. It could be a possible hardware issue with the computer. If you've updated the bios and performed a recovery to factory settings, I would recommend that you contact Hp phone support to get the situation corrected from my previous post.

You could uninstall HP support assistant and check if it overheats. If it does not then the culprit would be HP support assistant. Please download the latest version of HP support assistant and install it again.

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello again,

My computer has stopping to overheat and the fan go down in speed :), after updateing HP Support Asistant. I can feel the power of my Laptop now. It's feel like the new HP Omen laptop :-)!

New Problem. I can't see HP Coolsense in HP Utility Center more now.

Screenshot_1.png

HP Coolsense is installed and working. I had tried to uninstall HP Coolsense and Reinstalled it. But it's still not shown :(.

Best Regards Simon 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi @Simon942,

I reviewed the post. Thanks for the quick reply. Like I said before, the only option left is to contact HP phone support to get the unit serviced. Please contact Hp phone support by following these steps.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.