Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I bought a HP Pavilion g6 2230tx a few months back and its cooling fan has stopped working.
It was working fine, but the problem started when i played Euro Truck Simulator 2 at full settings. The cooling fan was throwing out a large amount of heat and the fan was moving rapidly but i continued to play. Later, that day when i turned on my notebook, it was showing a error which was: "The system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating correctly and continued operation may cause damage
System Fan (90B)".
Then i turned off itself after 15 seconds.
My laptop is under warranty till 2016-06-16[YYYY-MM-DD] and the category of warranty is 'Factory Warranty'. {Personal Information Removed} & product number is C9L64PA#ACJ. Now my question is that how much will HP take to repair or replace the fan of my notebook. Will it be free? 😉
And i live in India.
Thanks in Advance
Aniket Chauhan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Dear Huffer
I tried what you said except cleaning it with compressed air and a paper clip. I'll be sending my laptop for repair and now i hope they will make it work again.
Regards
Aniket Chauhan

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Money-wise it will not cost. As far as time I cannot say. You might try a hard reset of the laptop. Remove the battery and AC adapter. Hold down the power button 30 seconds and then put the AC plug back in. Now power on tapping F10 to get into BIOS and choose to restore default settings. Now reboot. Also you can try blowing out the fan with strong compressed air. Stick a paperclip in the fan grille and prevent the blades from spinning too fast and burning out the bearing while you do. Good luck.

HP Recommended
Dear Huffer
I tried what you said except cleaning it with compressed air and a paper clip. I'll be sending my laptop for repair and now i hope they will make it work again.
Regards
Aniket Chauhan
HP Recommended

Sir, i have pavilion g6 1242se model laptop. my laptop's fan made very loud noises and had so much dust but 4 days before now it stopped working. could u please tell me what should i do?

Thankx.

HP Recommended
I have HP pavilion he 1301tx notebook PC and it shows the error that your fan is not working correctly or damage files and system and shows error system fan (90B) what will I do for the problem
Plz help me
HP Recommended
i have hp pavilion g6-2225TU its coolng fan not working please help
HP Recommended

I too have G6 2230tx and already faced same problem, :smileyembarrassed:

which has been make it clear that HP is Bluffing Customers by integrating Chip quality parts in theirs Laptops, i dont know what about other products but, this Laptop series models are have frequent CPU FAN burn out problem...

please charge us few dollers extra but dont make customers trust down....

Spoiler
:HalfEyes:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.