Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hey,

my HP Mini is slow and i would like to upgrade the ram, heard that the Ram can only be upgraded to 2gb ddr ram, is that so? 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

hi,

i belive it is. you must remember that there is important if you have WWAN module or not - there can be diffrent parts numbers

regards 

Hi,
Welcome to the HP Forum!

@Rhythm wrote:

Hey,

my HP Mini is slow and i would like to upgrade the ram, heard that the Ram can only be upgraded to 2gb ddr ram, is that so? 

Please identify your notebook/pc .

Look at the base/rear/side of the notebook/pc at the barcoded sticker.

Post item number 2 as seen on the following example of an HP notebook's barcoded sticker. The barcode on your HP product may be slightly different in appearance, but will still have the important information needed for us to help you.  

###Do not post the serial number of your product as it is personal information.###
c01931836.gif
Post the installed operating system version (state whether it is 32 or 64-bit ) and the CPU as an AMD or Intel product

Is your notebook/PC still within its warranty period?

Best regards,

erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks guys! 

the product number would be WK952PA#AB4 and the warranty has expired unfortunately.

HP Recommended

Hi:

There is conflicting info on your model...

The specs state max RAM is 1 GB. The service manual says max Ram is 2 GB.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02066935

Service manual:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02241565.pdf

What I would do if I were you is to download and run the free Crucial memory scanner which will report how much memory you can upgrade to, and what type you need.

http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/index.aspx

I'm thinking you'll be OK upgrading to a 2GB module but of course you will have to remove the 1 GB you have and replace it with the 2 GB as there is only one memory module in your machine.

Paul

HP Recommended

@Rhythm wrote:

Hey,

Me too

HP Recommended
pott8153,

Please take a look at Paul's post. You should be able to upgrade to 2GB of RAM, but he suggested running the memory scanner first to be sure that it is possible.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended
Hi,

Yes, it can be upgraded to 2 GB DDR2 800MHz. Another compatible link is

http://www.memorystock.com/orderitem.asp?it=826ms-826

Good luck!
HP Recommended

Hi everybody !
I'm a basic pc user (not an expert) and I own an old but faithful HP mini 210–1000 (rev 3660-100 – pcid: 04A4100000202000000300000).
Before changing pc model, as I usually do, I upgrade the RAM of my current one.
Therefore, I found a product that seemed suitable to me, having the same characteristics of HP mini default RAM: 4GB DDR2 SODIMM (200 pin) 800Mhz PC2 6400 / PC2 6300 CL 6.0 by Komputerbay (sold by Amazon).
I ordered, got, installed it, but it seems not appropriate for HP mini 210–1000, since the system can't start to boot.
Shall I send the RAM back, because definetly not suitable to the pc or is there a way to make it work?
Thanks for your help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.