Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hello, I have a DV7-6C95DX that has a missing driver. In Device Manager it's called Intel Centrino Wireless-N WiMAX 6150 and the hardware ID is : VID_8087&PID_07D7. A Google search says that the hardware is "Intel(R) Centrino(R) WiMAX 6150 Function Driver" I cannot find the driver for this anywhere. Not on the HP site, Intel site or any Google searches. Does anyone know what driver I need for this and where I can find it? Thank you.
17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try downloading and installing the driver on the link below.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54841.exe

After the installation has completed, restart the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Ok, I tried that file but that didn't work.

I appreciate your help.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome :generic:

First of all, download and reinstall the Chipset Driver on the link below.

Intel Chipset Driver.

After this installation has completed, restart the notebook.

Now try downloading the missing driver directly from Intel - the relevant page is on the link below.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?ProductID=3312&DwnldID=21244&lang=eng&iid=dc_rss

If this also doesn't work, what error messages are generated?

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
I have also tried that driver straight from Intel. The drivers will install but every time I look in Device Manager the device is listed under "Other Devices" and says the drivers are not installed for that hardware. My WiFi adapter is listed as Intel Centrino Wireless-N 6150 and the drivers for that are install, yet Windows keeps saying that the drivers for Intel Centrino Wireless-N + WiMAX 6150 are missing. My adapter is working and I haven't been having any problems but I still don't like knowing that there are hardware devices without their drivers. Could this be a phantom hardware device?
HP Recommended

I forgot to add that I have also re-installed the chipset drivers and that still does nothing.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following and let me know what happens.

Go into Device Manager, right click the device and select Uninstall - you should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall.

Rather than now scanning for hardware changes, restart the notebook - does Windows recognise and try to install a driver for the device?

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Ok, that also didn't work. I uninstalled the device but it didn't give me the option to remove the current drivers. I restarted and as soon as Windows loaded the device was listed again as a device with no drivers. Windows did not attempt to find and install the drivers.

HP Recommended
I scanned for hardware changes and it once again found the device and attempted to find the drivers on Windows update and in folders but could find nothing.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try using Recovery Manager to reinstall the Driver - the procedure for using recovery manager to reinstall Software and Drivers is detailed in the relevant document on the link below.

Recovery Manager - Windows 7

Do you still get the same error?

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.