12-02-2009 06:24 AM
I am currently using a DV5-1110em that I have dual-booted with both Vista (that it sadly came pre-installed with), and Windows XP (which I installed myself, and which HP inexplicably don't have support for). As far as I can remember, the dual-boot is managed by Vista's own software, rather than anything 3rd party.
Everest Home Edition tells me the BIOS is currently version F.11 (06-2008), but HP's website tells me I can upgrade as far as version F.37 (08-2009).
Should I be able to do this without any adverse effects to my dual-boot, or to the running of my XP system?
12-02-2009 07:36 AM
Be careful! Don't update the BIOS unless you're expirirncing problems and the BIOS update will resove it. I bricked my DV6000 doing a BIOS update.
12-02-2009 07:38 AM
Eek... i'm partially doing it to see if it helps with my heat issues (don't worry, i'm well aware that there will be heat issues in these laptops whatever the BIOS version!)...
So would people advise against it?
12-02-2009 08:32 AM
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)