Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (573 Views)
Accepted Solution

DV6T 7300 Quad Edition ~ upgrade to ssd, compatibility?

Hi!

I have the above laptop on order and the first thing I am going to do is install a ssd drive. What I need to know is: Is this computer SATA III ??? (that will determine which drive I buy) and what is the largest size SSD that can be installed? (will also determine which drive I buy) Any other advice is most welcome!!

Thank you!!!

Accepted Solution

Re: DV6T 7300 Quad Edition ~ upgrade to ssd, compatibility?

Julesze wrote:

Hi!

I have the above laptop on order and the first thing I am going to do is install a ssd drive. What I need to know is: Is this computer SATA III ??? (that will determine which drive I buy) and what is the largest size SSD that can be installed? (will also determine which drive I buy) Any other advice is most welcome!!

Thank you!!!

Hi,

That laptop is definitely SATA III. The size is more or less up to your pocket. I prefer Corsair or Intel drives but Samsung and Kingston have also some good products. I generally recommend to buy any SSD with the SandForce SATA controllers as the drives have faster the write speed and in my opinion even better reliability.Smiley Happy

View solution in context
Regents Professor
Message 2 of 3 (539 Views)

Julesze wrote:

Hi!

Thank you!!!

Hi,

That laptop is definitely SATA III. The size is more or less up to your pocket. I prefer Corsair or Intel drives but Samsung and Kingston have also some good products. I generally recommend to buy any SSD with the SandForce SATA controllers as the drives have faster the write speed and in my opinion even better reliability.Smiley Happy

Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB
Testing - HP 15-p000 Donated to the Cancer Research UK
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (527 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi!

That is good news that it is SATA III !!

I was looking at either Intel or the Samsung Pro (leaning toward the Samsung).

Thank you for the help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation