10-27-2012 10:35 PM
I have an HP DV7 laptop (dv7 6006tx) which I bought in Korea about a year ago.
Lately, whenever I use the Radeon GPU and not the Intel, "Power Saving" GPU my laptop heats up incredibly - especially while I'm runnning a game. According to Speed Fan, it went about 80c - which is not healthy in my opinion.
Any ideas how I could improve this?
10-27-2012 10:40 PM
Running games on ATI GPU and machine getting hot is very normal, but too hot is not good for a laptop. Please try the following tips:
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)