02-16-2009 06:56 AM
Can anyone help me with my problem regarding my HP Pavilion dv9207us Notebook DVD/CD ROM drive... My DIVD/CD ROM drive (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4084N ATA) is not working and I looked at the device manager and it has an exclamation point beside it... The device status says:
Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available
I tried to update the driver but its the driver is up to date.
02-16-2009 02:31 PM
I assume you have Vista. The first thing to try in your situation is a registry edit involving something called the upper and lower filters. It is a pretty well know fix and has a high chance of working for you. Back up your registry first in case you dont't do it right. Here are the step by step instructions:
02-16-2010 05:57 PM
I tried the HKEY fix from an alternate HP forum post, but to no avail. Thanks for the link to the MS post. The MS FIXIT utility did the trick! I appreciate the help.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)