11-03-2010 10:32 PM
Laptop Pavilion dv6 3006tx
This is actually my first time using the DVD drive since I bought the laptop 2 months ago. The drive keep freezing when I insert a dvd, even blank ones. Explorer.exe crashed when I try to open contents of the DVD and I had to reboot. Is this drive defective?
11-03-2010 10:49 PM
Open Device Manager and expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives, right click on the dvd drive and select uninstall, confirm and then restart the PC, see if it behaves now.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)