05-12-2012 10:58 AM
It should not need drivers. What are you trying to plug it in to? Or what are you trying to do with it? You might need software to watch movies or burn DVDs but the drive itself should mount as a lettered drive in any version of WIndows since XP SP2 when you plug it into a usb port.
05-12-2012 11:04 AM - edited 05-12-2012 11:07 AM
Is the DVD drive working? or are you looking for the drivers because it is not showing correctly in Device Manager?
This drive had a similar issue like the one below:
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)