Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
8540w i7 quad core
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After I upgraded to Win10 I was updating several hardware drivers, and I encouterd one unknown device which I can not solve myself.

The information that is provided via Device Manager:

Device type: Other devices

Manufacturer: Unknown

Device status:

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There are no compatible drivers for this device.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

Information (tab Events):
Device ACPI\HPQ0004\3&b1bfb68&0 requires further installation

Now my question is: what do i need to install to get this error out of the way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

There are 3 variations of the 3D driveguard hardware ID, and three separate drivers...

0004, 6000, and 6007.

You need this one for the 0004.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64144.exe

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks, but it dit not help. I forgot to mention that I swapped the original HDD with an SSD (Samsung SM863).

I didn't think this would be relevant, but as the install wizard says something about the HP 3D Driveguard, I figured that that hardware change might actually be relevant. Is that correct?

The SSD seems to be working fine though...

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks, but it still doesn't work.

The error I get when installing the HP 3D DriveGuard driver is:

" The HP 3d DriveGuard driver cannot install, the Accelerometer hardware is not present or supproted on this unit. (Click OK to exit). "

Hasn't this something to do with the HDD I replaced with an SSD? The SSD doesn't need a 3D DriveGuard anyay right? Or am I wrong here?

As the error message mentions that there is nog Accelerometer hardware installed, I suppose the " Device ACPI\HPQ0004\3&b1bfb68&0" is something else than the Accelerometer?

HP Recommended

Hi:

There are 3 variations of the 3D driveguard hardware ID, and three separate drivers...

0004, 6000, and 6007.

HP Recommended

Thank you both!

The problem indeed had to do something with the 3d Disk Guard, and the last link solved the problem for my system.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Thank you, this worked 100% up to Windows 10 Build 15048.
MS then changed again something 😞 - breaking things that worked causing someone else (HP) to update some coding.

I did logged this with MS as a "Windows Insider" under "HP 3d DriveGuard"

I cannot attached a screenshot.

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

Hi:

0004, 6000, and 6007.

Paul,

due to the lack of support for Vista coming April 2017, (i am one of the Vista stragglers)  there may be many people soon who will upgrade like I did to Windows 10.  After upgrading, the next step is to upgrade drivers.  This is how we end up here.  I replaced my SSD as well, (mine failed shown in earlier posts in this forum) and my system was using the HPQ0004 as well.  Thank you, this post rocks and I am sure will help others who search and find it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.