Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv7-7015
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I see this statement as 'information' in the events tab of my Port settings. What does it mean? The 'General' tab in the USB serial port properties says the device is working properly. The device I have hooked up to the port is an OBD 11 cable. What should I do next?

Regards

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Lorgem

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion dv7-7015 laptop with Win10. In the events tab of the Port settings there's an information stating: Device FTDIBUS\VID_0403+PID_6001+5&3b21e69d&0&1\0000 requires further installation. I read that you have connected an OBD 11 cable to the USB port. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Do other USB devices detect and work fine when connected to the laptop?
  • Do you see a yellow exclamation mark or error next to USB in the device manager?
  • Is there any device connect to the other end of the OBD 11 cable?

Meanwhile, please check if there are any additional drivers that need to be installed from the manufacturer's website for the OBD 11 cable. 

I'm always here to assist you, please feel free to reply. Cheers! 

HP Recommended

Thank you fo your quick response.

Yes, other devices connected via the USB's work fine; this one (the OBD 11 cable) also appears to work fine according to the properties in Device Manager.

There are no exclamation marks on anything in Device Manager.

The drivers for the OBD cable ARE installed.

The reason I discovered this anomaly is because I have a problem with my Wifi - the laptop says that the Wifi is turned off and will not show me the available networks, so I have been searching all over to discover why my Wifi will not turn on. I guess that the subject issue is not a serious problem in that my laptop operates quite normally even with the condition.

Regards

HP Recommended

@Lorgem

You're welcome and thanks for your reply. 🙂

If the Wifi is not working properly then it is a different issue and we can work it out. It is good to know that the USB is working fine. 

I can assist you with the wifi concern. Let me know the following information:

• What is the color of the wireless light (Amber/Blue) and does it change when you press it?
  • Is the laptop able to connect to wireless network at other public places?

Meanwhile, you may perform the steps as described in detail from this link to fix the wireless issues: Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)

Hope this helps. Please keep me posted for further assistance. Take care!

HP Recommended

Thank you Mkazi for your help. I tried EVERYTHING you suggested in the Troubleshooter - most of which I tried before. I even reseated the wireles card with no success. It is an Intel Centrino N-2230 card, and I suspect I will have to change it out. One curious thing though - Microsoft backup will not allow me to restore to an earlier date. For the month of February the wireless worked to perfection (in another country). When I came back home, it worked once or twice and then NO CONNECTION AT ALL! Can I use a different wireless card in my dv7-7015 laptop - I never did like the Intel card.

Once again thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Stephen

HP Recommended

Hi @Lorgem

Thank you for posting back.

I am the The_Fossette. It looks like you were interacting with @MKazi, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I recommend you to try the below steps before you replace the wireless card and check.

Follow the below steps to fix this issue.

Open CMD as Admin:  Copy the following commands, and press Enter after each one.

netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

netsh int tcp show global  (Check if All settings have taken effect)

Reboot the system and see if it works.

Let me know how it goes and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks The_Fossette,

I tried your suggestions with no success. I have purchased a 'card' and expect to receive same by Monday 27th. I shall install and inform the forum at that time.

Regards,

Stephen

HP Recommended

@Lorgem, You are welcome.

I understand that you will install the new wireless card and let us know the results.

Let me jump in with a solution for this issue in place of my colleague as he is out of the office today.

Please install the new wireless card and let us know the results. 

You may check the link for replacing the wireless card: http://hp.care/2nKn6iz

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.