Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-au003tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want an ssd in my lappy for faster boot times and loading times...

Checked manual for the pavilion 15 series and it says my lappy has the m2 port for ssd and one m2 port for wlan...

Just want to make sure cause there is so much betwwen differen people...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Yes it has. 

Page 34 in the manual : M.2 2280 SATA-3 SSD

Create recovery media. Buy atleast 256gb M.2 SSD.

Make it boot drive, install OS from recovery media to M.2 SSD, but remove HDD during this process. Then connect HDD later on.

Other wise, you can buy 2.5" 7mm SATA SSD, replace HDD. Make this as boot drive.

Regards 

Visruth 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Yes it has. 

Page 34 in the manual : M.2 2280 SATA-3 SSD

Create recovery media. Buy atleast 256gb M.2 SSD.

Make it boot drive, install OS from recovery media to M.2 SSD, but remove HDD during this process. Then connect HDD later on.

Other wise, you can buy 2.5" 7mm SATA SSD, replace HDD. Make this as boot drive.

Regards 

Visruth 

HP Recommended
Can I use m.2 Samsung 850 evo ssd ? There are lots of different types of m.2 ssd so I'm confused. So it would be great if u can share a link for a m.2 ssd which will work with my Laptop I have the same laptop as mentioned by the op
HP Recommended

hey , have you upgraded to ssd ? please  provide me the details , i too have au003tx and want to install ssd , which ssd youhave bought ! do you have both ssd + hdd installed !!

HP Recommended
I'd checked with the HP customer support, according to them that slot can't be used for m.2 ssd. However, you can still have both ssd and hdd if you are willing to replace your odd with current hdd and put the new ssd in your default hdd slot. You'll need to buy a caddy for replacing the optical disk drive with hdd. 👍👍
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.