Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Sorry if I am asking something that is available in documentation, but somehow i can not find it now.

When laptop (in this case 8770w , i5, FirePro M4000, win7 pro) is on the dock, digital ports (DVI and DisplayPort) are intended for one monitor, right? Meaning one can not connect one monitor to DVI and another to DP in extended desktop mode?

To connect two monitors on the docking station one must use either DVI or DP for one monitor and RGB for another?

I think that i have seen this somewhere but i am not sure.

I am asking this because i am familiar with A7E38AA advanced docking station and not with A7E34AA (basic).

Can someone confirm this or tell me if I am wrong,

Thank you in advance,
Momir
Ars Media

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi momirz,

Im sure This Document will help you 

http://webshop.it-total.se/pdf/4457F553-83E0-4C05-B4EE-04108D0804A9.pdf

I guess the set up is as follows -

NOTE: A maximum of three displays can be supported through the HP 2012 120W Advanced Docking
Station (A7E36AA) and HP 2012 230W Advanced Docking Station (A7E38AA). The DisplayPort and DVI
connectors are shared, so you may choose one DisplayPort or DVI plus a second DisplayPort, or DVI plus
the VGA connector. Therefore, the choices are DP+DP+VGA, DP+DVI+VGA, DVI+DP+VGA or DVI+DVI+VGA.

Hope it helps

Regards

PraTH_KR

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

**Click on “Kudos” Star if you think this reply helped** Or Mark it as "Solved" if issue got fixed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi momirz,

Im sure This Document will help you 

http://webshop.it-total.se/pdf/4457F553-83E0-4C05-B4EE-04108D0804A9.pdf

I guess the set up is as follows -

NOTE: A maximum of three displays can be supported through the HP 2012 120W Advanced Docking
Station (A7E36AA) and HP 2012 230W Advanced Docking Station (A7E38AA). The DisplayPort and DVI
connectors are shared, so you may choose one DisplayPort or DVI plus a second DisplayPort, or DVI plus
the VGA connector. Therefore, the choices are DP+DP+VGA, DP+DVI+VGA, DVI+DP+VGA or DVI+DVI+VGA.

Hope it helps

Regards

PraTH_KR

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

**Click on “Kudos” Star if you think this reply helped** Or Mark it as "Solved" if issue got fixed.
HP Recommended

Thank You sir,

That is exactly what I was searching. I know that I have seen it somewhere long time ago, but I could not find to confirm.

Again thank you very much,

Regards,

Momir

HP Recommended

Prath_KR, I have a A7E34UT docking station, and reviewed the specs you provided to momirz. I have two HP221 monitors, one with a VGA and one with a DVI cable, attached to my docking station, but cannot get them both to work/ The specs seem to say that both will work simultaneously. How do I get both monitors to work?

Tom

HP Recommended

HP 2012 230W Advanced Docking Station A7E38AA#ABA

After upgrading to Windows 10, including updating BiOS and chipset drivers, VGA port is no longer providing a signal.

I had DP+DVI+VGA working very well before Windows 10 update, but after the upgrade the VGA port is no longer working.  Nothing else has changed with the system.  I've searched for the docking station drivers and they are no longer offered by HP on their website.  Even as a partner I'm unable to find docking station drivers.

I will continue to troubleshoot this and research alternatives, but I require no less than three monitors for my every day activities - and am effectively incapacitated until I find a resolution.

I've done extensive research and tried just about everything wtih regards to drivers (Windows provided, HP provided, chipset drivers, BiOS updates, etc...... all have been completed).  I've removed and reattached both power and the VGA connector to the docking station: no luck.

All suggestions appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.