Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion g6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I want to upgrade my pc from Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit to windows 10 by repair install i.e. running the Windows 10 installation files on my pc after copying them initially from the Windows 10 installation disk. Doing this will upgrade my pc to Windows 10 Enterprise, but with the option of keeping the my personal files only. Can I download this apps again after upgrade or do they somehow remain; or beter still, can they be recovered from HP recovery.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @akinzaxy,

Thank you for the requested information. When I checked the software and driver page for your notebook, I noted there are no updated drivers listed for Windows 10. This means that HP has not tested Windows 10 on your model of notebook. HP does not guarantee that Windows updates will have all the drivers. This does not mean it will not work only that the outcome is unknown. If you system meets all the system requirements here is a link to acquire the upgrade. Windows 10 free upgrade (from microsoft.com). You do have an option for about the first 30 days to roll back to your previous operating system.  You can put Windows 10 on a USB stick so you would have a copy to reinstall Windows 10 should you need to. Windows USB/DVD Download Tool(from microsoft.com). Should you like to do a recovery back to factory settings, I suggest you create your recovery media before doing the upgrade if you have not yet done that. HP PCs - Creating Recovery Discs or Saving a Recovery Image to a USB Flash Drive (Windows 7)

Here is a link for you to look over should you ever like to do a recovery once you have upgraded to Windows 10. HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10). Concerning the HP Power management tool and HP Quick Web software, they would not remain. As Windows 10 has not been tested on your model, I cannot say if they would perform corectly or not. You could download the software from the HP software and driver page for your notebook and try installing them. If they do not work as expected you could try installing them using compatibility mode. Should you be interested in trying that, here is a link to Compatibility Mode (from windows10forums.com) as a guide.  

Please let me know the results.

To say thanks for helping, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.

If I have addressed your query, please consider marking the post with the answer as "Accepted Solution" to help others who may have the same or similar questions about upgrading.

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @akinzaxy,

Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. What is your exact model of Pavilion G6 notebook? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I would need you exact model to research your query. Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Upgrading to Windows 10 that may answers some questions in the meantime.

Thank you for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution”  to help other community members! To say thanks for the assistance, please click the “Thumbs Up Icon” below.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Thanks for your assistance Sparkles1, HP model is HP Pavillion g6 Notebook PC. Product Number: A6Y48UA#ABA

HP Recommended

Hi @akinzaxy,

Thank you for the requested information. When I checked the software and driver page for your notebook, I noted there are no updated drivers listed for Windows 10. This means that HP has not tested Windows 10 on your model of notebook. HP does not guarantee that Windows updates will have all the drivers. This does not mean it will not work only that the outcome is unknown. If you system meets all the system requirements here is a link to acquire the upgrade. Windows 10 free upgrade (from microsoft.com). You do have an option for about the first 30 days to roll back to your previous operating system.  You can put Windows 10 on a USB stick so you would have a copy to reinstall Windows 10 should you need to. Windows USB/DVD Download Tool(from microsoft.com). Should you like to do a recovery back to factory settings, I suggest you create your recovery media before doing the upgrade if you have not yet done that. HP PCs - Creating Recovery Discs or Saving a Recovery Image to a USB Flash Drive (Windows 7)

Here is a link for you to look over should you ever like to do a recovery once you have upgraded to Windows 10. HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10). Concerning the HP Power management tool and HP Quick Web software, they would not remain. As Windows 10 has not been tested on your model, I cannot say if they would perform corectly or not. You could download the software from the HP software and driver page for your notebook and try installing them. If they do not work as expected you could try installing them using compatibility mode. Should you be interested in trying that, here is a link to Compatibility Mode (from windows10forums.com) as a guide.  

Please let me know the results.

To say thanks for helping, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.

If I have addressed your query, please consider marking the post with the answer as "Accepted Solution" to help others who may have the same or similar questions about upgrading.

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.