Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy ah150na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I bought this laptop 2 months ago. I just shifted therefore I left the documentation in UK. I occasionally play games however my integrated r6 graphics is not supporting up to my expapectation. I just want to know does my laptop support dual channel memory? I checked it out with cpu-z and it says 1 8gb single channel ram it contains. I checked it with priform speccy as well and it says I got 2 slots for ram. I just want to know can I upgrade it to dual channel memory?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

In order to run in dual channel mode, memory has to be installed in matched pairs.

So, if you only have 1 x 8 GB memory module, it is running in SDR mode.

You would need to have 2 x 8 GB modules installed to run in DDR mode.

All memory made in at least the last 10 years is capable of running in DDR mode, but you need matched pairs.

So your 8 GB chip is a DDR chip which is lonely, and it needs an 8 GB partner of the same specifications in order to run in DDR mode.

I suggest you check the service manual for memory upgrade info...my understanding is it is very hard to get to the memory in that PC.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04686890

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.