Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (509 Views)

Does Presario f767nr support AHCI?

I have a Compaq Presario F767nr and just installed a SSD (Samsung 840EVO).  In order to optimize the drive, I need to enable AHCI, but(of course) bios setup does not option this, and Samsung Magician does not detect it.  Does the MB / BIOS / Nvidia drivers even support AHCI?  Bios is Phoenix F.0A, 3/22/2011.

Thank you for any help you can give me,

Bo

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (474 Views)

Re: Does Presario f767nr support AHCI?

Hi Bo,

Thank you for your query.  I am glad to assist you.

I understand that you are trying to install, a ssd drive and it is not detected by the bios.  Your system does not support SSD drivers. For your information I am including the HP G6000 Notebook PC and Compaq Presario F700 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide.  Under hard drives,  (page 40) you will see there are only 3 supported drives.  I hope this has answered your question.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (463 Views)

Hello Sparkles1,

I appreciate your response and attempt to help me, but you misunderstood my question.   I have already installed the SSD in the laptop.  The BIOS acurately detected the drive.  It is running Win 7 (x64).  The system is compatable with any 2.5" SATA drive.

My question was this:  Is the Presario F700 series (or specifically the F767NR) supportive of AHCI, or IDE only?  I am trying to optimize the drive to get the most benifit, and in order to do that I need AHCI enabled, but the optimization software (Samsung Magician) can not detect AHCI.  I know that most systems manufactured in 2008 did support AHCI, but maybe this one did not.  Since the BIOS is locked, I can not get to an option to enable it, so I can not tell from that.

Thank you,

Bo

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (448 Views)

Hi Bo

Thank you for your response.

Here is a link to document on How to Add Serial ATA (SATA) Drives to a Windows Installation.. The instructions should help you to enable AHCI.  Please let me know if this has helped.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation