Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP elitebook 2540p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I amn't getting any driver for my Hp elitebook 2540p after upgraded to windows 10 operating system. Such as built in camera is not working after upgraded to win 10(64 bit)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@onesihab

I am sorry you are unhappy.  Many of us have at least one computer for which there are no Windows 10 drivers. 

@WAWood has provided the essential, sad explanation.

Hp has provided documenation regarding Upgrade / migration to Windows 10.

Documents include the following...

From your computer's Upgrade & migrate Section:

HP Business Notebook and Mobile Workstation PCs - Installing Windows 10

The HP Document on the subject explains:

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Commentary

Depending on your situation, that is, the model and setup on your particular computer, the system may run adequately on Windows 10 using the drivers and software available through Windows 10 Updates.

Now that your computer has successfully migrated to Windows 10, you can -- if you wish -- use the "Go back" feature of the migration to return your computer to its previous Windows version. 

Upgrade to Windows 10: FAQ

See Section: Can I go back to my old operating system?

The "Go back" feature is time sensitive (one month); you can decide to go back now and reinstall Windows 10 (on that same system) at a later date.

See Section: Can I reinstall Windows 10 on my PC after upgrading?

Good Luck.

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

onesihab

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the problem you're up against is that Microsoft only supplies drivers with the most basic functionality, and what you really need for FULL functionality is the specialized drivers written for the specific hardware found in your HP PC -- and unfortunately, there are no HP Win10 drivers for your PC. HP only guarantees Win10 compatibility for machines made after August, 2013. HP does not have any schedule indicating when, or IF, they will be producing drivers for the older machines.

This means that your PC is most likely NEVER going to be fully functional under Win10 because the drivers it needs for full functionality simply do not exist!  

To restore full functionality, you would need to do a factory reset using HP Recovery Media to its original pre-installed OS.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I didn't hope such reply. When i visit hp site to download drivers for my hp elitebook 2540p i don't get drivers for wndows 10 but windows 7. Please update drivers for windows 10. I hope you will do that.

HP Recommended

@onesihab

I am sorry you are unhappy.  Many of us have at least one computer for which there are no Windows 10 drivers. 

@WAWood has provided the essential, sad explanation.

Hp has provided documenation regarding Upgrade / migration to Windows 10.

Documents include the following...

From your computer's Upgrade & migrate Section:

The HP Document on the subject explains:

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Commentary

Depending on your situation, that is, the model and setup on your particular computer, the system may run adequately on Windows 10 using the drivers and software available through Windows 10 Updates.

Now that your computer has successfully migrated to Windows 10, you can -- if you wish -- use the "Go back" feature of the migration to return your computer to its previous Windows version. 

Upgrade to Windows 10: FAQ

See Section: Can I go back to my old operating system?

The "Go back" feature is time sensitive (one month); you can decide to go back now and reinstall Windows 10 (on that same system) at a later date.

See Section: Can I reinstall Windows 10 on my PC after upgrading?

Good Luck.

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Try going to programs and features from the control panel and look for Hp webcam , left click on it go to properties and in the task pane on the top go to drivers and look to the bottom if you see driver rollback button highlighted click on it , it should roll back to the orignal drivers it had if they had not been wiped out by the upgrade but it should work if the button is not ghosted. If not just get a external webcam and that ill solve your problems. And they may have more features.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.