Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Elitebook 745
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

So I am a traveling consultant and I have the EliteBook 745 Gen2, and my battery is never long enough. I have seen colleagues who have the 840 laptops have the HP CO06XL Notebook Battery

Will this fit on my laptop? if not what options have I got for exteneded batteries?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@big_g_uk

Looks like it should.

719796-001

A

Secondary 6 cell, 60 Wh, 2.7 Ah (for use on HP EliteBook 745 models only) Li-ion battery

Your Manual here.

http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c04773908-1.pdf

Page  33

There are 2 Main batteries for your laptop.

717375-001

A

3 cell, 24 Wh, 2.40 Ah, Li-ion battery

717376-001

A

3 cell, 50 Wh, 4.50 Ah, Li-ion battery

The 717376-001 has 2 times the Wh. (Another option for extended battery life.)

REO

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@big_g_uk

Looks like it should.

719796-001

A

Secondary 6 cell, 60 Wh, 2.7 Ah (for use on HP EliteBook 745 models only) Li-ion battery

Your Manual here.

http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c04773908-1.pdf

Page  33

There are 2 Main batteries for your laptop.

717375-001

A

3 cell, 24 Wh, 2.40 Ah, Li-ion battery

717376-001

A

3 cell, 50 Wh, 4.50 Ah, Li-ion battery

The 717376-001 has 2 times the Wh. (Another option for extended battery life.)

REO

HP Recommended

Hi

The factors in this are

AC adapter, this wants to be capable of running the Laptop and providing ample extra power to fast charge the batteries.

Dell do several capacities and HP possibly do, but if so they hide it well.

45 W Smart AC adapter; 45 W Smart AC adapter 2-prong (Japan only); 65 W EM Smart AC adapter (China and India only)

I would want the 65 watt version.

Then the actual battery capacity, the 4.5 AH is preferable to the 2.4 AH for the longer working day. 

But what is interesting is the Voltage quoted  11.1 volts if I read it right.

This suggests that 13.6 volts from a car via a regulator could possibly charge the battery on the move.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.