Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Not sure if anyone really cares anymore, but the IE hardware acceleration workaround helped some, but only on videos online. Videos played driectly from the PC like WMV videos in windows media player still had issues with freezing. If anyone is curious, I finally resolved the issue by switching to an Aero theme and then back to the original theme. The only thing I notice changing is the Windwos Basic Colors. Which shouldn't have been set that way anyway. I had an aero theme already, but the colors were still Basic. Making this change fix all issues. Don't even have to check the acceleration option in IE either. 

HP Recommended

Mine had started freezing again, tried your fix and it works. Thank You!

HP Recommended
Awesome! Glad to know it works. Just FYI for anyone else, it's profile based so I've had to do it on two profiles on the same computer, but once done it stayed so far.
HP Recommended

thanks, thats been bugging me for ages

HP Recommended
If anyone is in an environment where multiple people may be using the computer or you don't have the person present to login who is having the issue, you can run 'winsat dwm' from an elevated command prompt and it will fix this issue across all profiles. Glad it seems to be working for everyone though.
HP Recommended

Mine was working fine for a while, latelyI have been having the whole laptop freezing while on battery. The only way to restart is to remove the battery, reinstall it and then restart the laptop. I did the Aero/Basic fix again today in the hope it will fix the problem. Will update you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.