05-13-2014 10:54 PM
I just purchased a Intel SSD 240GB, series 530 and fixed it into the main disk position of my EliteBook 8460p. But when I tried to install Windows 7, it stucks at finding drive for installation. It said "No driver found for installation" and asked for install CD / DVD / media with driver.
I tried to download the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver for my laptop (link), extract it and copy to an USB key for browsing, it understand the driver as Intel Mobile Chipset AHCI.... but still cannot detect the SSD.
Please kindly help! I spent hours on topics but still it didn't work.
05-15-2014 01:24 AM
Try to download Intel SSD Firmware upadate on this link:
Let me know if it works.
* Click on White Kudos "Thumbs Up" to say thanks.
** Mark 'Accept As Solution' if it solves your problem.
05-15-2014 08:19 PM
Thank for the answer. But actually it's not about SSD firmware, it's about driver for SSD on Windows 7.
I follow a friend's instruction, to connect the installation USB to 2.0 port, not 3.0, and it works.
What a relief.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)