Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

My notebook is HP pavillion g6- 2005 ax.

Whenever I switch on my PC it is entering into BIOS and there is loud Beeping noise for long time and it ask " exist saving change". However I am unable for tomake any change for around 10 mins as long as there is beeping noise. After that i exit without any changes and my keyboard does not work.

Could anyone tell the cause?

Is the beep indicator of  any hardware malfuction or recently i updated I update one driver(may be because of that). However, I have restored y system to previous date and still the problem persists.

Help me in resolving it.I have inserted the image

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Here is HP's list of beep codes. It says that the document applies to desktop PCs, but it might still be relevant for your notebook.

Hope this helps!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hello,

There is continous beep for around 8-10 minutes.

HP Recommended

Well, I found another thread about a similar problem, which was solved with a hard reset. You can see the thread here.

Also, here is another thread in which a hard reset did the trick. So maybe a hard reset will help! If not, I would recommend following either anthony82's other steps, or the other steps posted by erico.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.