Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

ok, well I'm quite ignorant, so i'm not sure i understood: if i buy an SSD M.2 i can use that and also keep the previous 1Tb HDD ?

then, i tried again to open the pc, but i can't extract the cd-rom case: shoud i just pull it really strongly?

ITA:

quindi ci sono due slot, e se prendo una SSD M.2 la posso mettere nel secondo slot e tenere l'HDD da 1Tb?

in ogni caso, ho provato ancora ma non sono riuscito a togliere il porta cd (ho comunque tolto tutte le viti esterne, compresa quella con il simbolo del cd): devo solo tirare più forte? perchè sinceramente non vado troppo deciso per paura di romperlo.

tra l'altro, nel caso posso portarlo in un negozio hp e farlo fare a qualcuno con più esperienza?

thank you

HP Recommended

Yes,  SSD M.2 (SATA) in the slot and 1TB HDD as default. You can install (previous BIOS settings) the OS on the M.2 and keep 1TB for data 😉

Remove ALL screws and pull che cd-rom!

HP Recommended
Hello Giro,
Thanks for your tutorial. I've opened my hp ENVY but bad surprise. I don't have the screw to attach my m.2 to the motherboard. Can you please tell me the exact size of it, so i can buy it afterwards.
Thanks in advance!
HP Recommended

Hello 🙂

try one of back cover, I remember that is the same. Try it 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello,
my name is Michele from Italy.
I bought HP Envy 15-AE107NL, with an 1TB meccanical Drive.
My Pc has a Slot M.2, like that i've seen in your previous Images on this Post.
I bought to insert in this slot 2 Kinds of SSD,
one Crucial MX300 525 GB M.2 Sata and one Samsung SSD Evo 850 Sata M.2
No one of these 2 drive has been recognized by the system, neither by BIOS.
For Crucial SSD, I think that could be a compatibility issue, but the Samsung SSD is the same that some users, on this forum, insert in their Notebook and it works.
Someone can Help Me?

In Italian:

Ciao,
il mio nome è Michele.
Ho comprato HP Envy 15-AE107NL, con un drive meccanico da 1 TB.
Il mio PC ha uno slot  M.2 , come quello che ho visto nelle vostre immagini precedente su questo post.
Ho comprato da inserire nello slot 2 tipi di SSD,
un MX300 Crucial 525 GB M.2 Sata e un Samsung SSD 850 Evo Sata M.2
Nessuno di queste 2 unità è stata riconosciuta dal sistema, né dal BIOS.
Per l'SSD Crucial, penso che potrebbe essere un problema di compatibilità, ma il Samsung SSD è la stessa che alcuni utenti, su questo forum, inseriscono nel proprio notebook ed funziona.
Qualcuno mi può aiutare?

HP Recommended

Hello 🙂

try to upgrade BIOS.

HP Recommended

The Only Update of bios I have found is for increase the Bios UEFI Security,

but now I download and flash it.

Then I retry to install M.2 Samsung...

HP Recommended

Nothing good, the situation is the same..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.