Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HPPavilion Notebook 15-ab516TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Ethernet cable is stuck in the LAN port of my laptop.

It is not coming out whether I pull/push it.

I plugged it for the first time in my brand new laptop and don't want to brake it.

Please help and suggest the solutions.

Should I take my laptop to hp service center.

Please reply soon as I cannot travel with hangging cable.

HELP!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Solved!!!!!
Use a screwdriver and slowly x2 take the cable out of the port from the back side of the laptop.
This way...
Safely take out the cable also without damaging the laptop components.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
Solved!!!!!
Use a screwdriver and slowly x2 take the cable out of the port from the back side of the laptop.
This way...
Safely take out the cable also without damaging the laptop components.
HP Recommended

You have got to be kidding!  Use a screw driver.  I've never been more infuriated with a new laptop.  What a piece of crap if they can't design it better than this.  There is no excuse for this.  I've never seen a design like this that locks the cable in without any way of getting it back out. I was reluctant to by an HP in the first place because the last time it was crippled with ad/bloat ware that is next to impossible to get rid of without wiping the system and reloading.  Now I find I need to still wipe and reload but on top of that there is only one display port and a crappy ethernet port.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.