Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I also have this cell phone correlation but up to now was not sure if it is realy related. But putting my mobiles away from notebook/docking station/cabling seem to at least reduce the amount of black outs. If this is really a cause I am not very confident HP can solve this issue...

HP Recommended

Well, it appears that HP released an updated BIOS within the past few days.  Perhaps this will finally fix the video flickering...fingers crossed.

EliteBook 840 G3 BIOS 1.10

HP 840 G3 BIOS 1.10.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same problem with EliteBook 725 G3.

Is the BIOS fix going to be avaialble also for the above model?v

Anyone had the same problem with the model?

HP Recommended

I have uploaded the bios. I finally started working properly. The screen stops flashing, blinking, but after two days the problems returned. This docking station is a failure.

HP Recommended

It's not only the docking station. If you connect your display directly to the notebook, you have the same issues. Latest BIOS and driver have reduced the issues a little bit at my place but it is still a nightmare. I have to keep away all smartphones and other "transmitting" stuff from the notebook. One phone call or if I get a message on WhatsApp, my screen begins to flicker if my mobile is placed to close to the device. One can not work that way !

In addition its not only the external display which is affected but also the internal display starts flickering. At least that one comes back after a few seconds while the external stays "black" in most situations.

I never had such issues with my older dell notebook. And so my next one hopefully will be a dell again.

This is really frustrating!

HP Recommended
I did not think it could be a matter of interference from the cell. But for me when the monitor is connected directly to the notebook all is well. The problem occurs only when I use the dock. Interestingly, when the cloned image is displayed on the screen notebook and monitor the connected stations, it flickers and goes out only monitor. I guess I'll have to send the equipment back, because my level of dissatisfaction does not allow me to work.
HP Recommended

Hi,

It seems that same 1.10 BIOS update works correctly on 820G3. We also have installed docking station firmware 2.30.

But after fixed flickering bios our computer cpu wont use any power states, cpu is limited to 2,4Ghz or higher.

This affects battery life, but no flickering with dock.

Regards,

Kimmo

HP Recommended

Same problem here.

840 G3 w. Win 10

Updated chip drivers

Updated intel 520 gfx driver.

Updated dock firmware to 2.30

Set displays to always on.

2 x Samsung 24" displays connected DP -> DVI.

Both screens blacks out for 2-3 secs every 10-30 minutes or so. 

HP Recommended

Same problem here.

840 G3 Win 7

Updated chip drivers

Updated intel 520 gfx driver.

Updated dock firmware to 2.30

Set displays to always on.

2 x FujitsuP23T connected DP + VGA.

Both screens blacks out for 2-3 secs every 10-30 minutes or so, same problem but less frequent without docking station.

HP Recommended

Just verifying it's an issue at my work too.. Pretty frustrating, but same symptons as have been posted

Win 10

Updated chipset

Updated Intel 520

Updated firmware to 2.30

Only one monitor connected, but it blacks out for 2-3 seconds and sometimes doesn't even come back on.

I've setup a test station to hopefully try a bunch of things, but this may just have to wait for an update from HP..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.