Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi BHK6 , i recently experience my touch panel freezing again so i performed a hard reset to fix the problem but after doing that both the sound and wireless icon dont show at all to touch leaving only the volume icon which is visible to touch. Even with the volume visible when i touch to reduce or increase the volume it doesnt work at all. A picture here showing how it looks like in case you dont get exactly what am saying. Anyone with the solution kindly help me out. Would be gratefulPhoto0074.jpg

Kind Regards

Max

HP Recommended

If a hard reset didnt work then you will have to go into device manager and see if all drivers are OK, Hard reset for these models are usualy because of static build up, are you sure you done hard reset correctly (turn off - remove battery - remove charger - hold down on button for 30 to 40 seconds), if you find drivers with yellow exclamation next to them I would advise to download new ones from HP - before installing them un install hardware and when given the option to "delete drivers as well" click yes, you may have to do a restart after you do this so when it discovers the "hardware found" cancel that and manualy install the new drivers, I have found this has worked for me 99.9 % , the other 00.1% is physical damage or component failure, Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Hello steveburstons, yes i did hard reset several times but still didnt work. my hard reset time was up to 60 seconds dont know if the time could also be a factor. All the same i have all drivers installed in device manager

Best Regards

Max

HP Recommended

Hi Max

the dv6 has heating issues, did it get hot at any stage ?, if so you may have to clean system cooling fan and heatsinc finns, using compressed air or vaccume wont work to clean it, it has to be stripped down - if needed here is a link for stripdown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7CEtfJtu_Y not sure if this is your model, dont be as rough as this bloke is at the stripdown

The only other suggestions I have that a little less agressive than this are:

1. remove ram chips - place only one back in and boot it up, if it boots ok to O.S. shut down and remove chip and place other chip in and boot it up, sometimes a faulty ram can cause glitches.

2. Test HDD with spinrite or other HDD testing software, here is a link for those http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/spinrite-alternatives.155054/

3. if you can remove the Cmos battery, repeat the hard reset (no battery - no Cmos battery - no charger) after holding down power for 60 seconds, place Cmos battery back in Leave notebook battery out plug charger in and boot it up.

if all this fails then I cant help you with it, I realy hope it does and good luck mate.

regards steve:

HP Recommended

my hp pavillion laptop heats up alot is this a problem or is this normal for such model

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.