03-03-2010 07:29 AM
I had a my hard drive information recovered at geek squad. The recovery F11 was intact before recovery of information. I tried to use the F11 to restore factory settings and the following has happen.
1. started computer
2. pressed F11 repeatedly during startup and when HP message for setup was on screen for about 2 min
3. black screen appeared for 3-4 min
4. then a beep
5. black screen with a underscore then nothing else happened.
Lap top HP pavilion dv8000 with xp.
It did have a partition with restore information
I do not have a recovery disc.
03-03-2010 08:33 AM
What type of repair did the Geek Squad do to your system?
Order a set of recovery disks from HP.
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP ENVY 17t Touch,i7-6500u,6GB, 256 GB SSD (on loan)
HP Photosmart 6520, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Touchpad, HP Chromebook 11
Custom i7-4790k, Z97, 16GB 2400 MHz DDR3, Intel 750 PCI-E SSD, (2)Samsung EVO 840 SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 980TI, Corsair H75 water cooler
Windows 10 Pro in UEFI mode - production system
Windows 7 and 8 in UEFI mode - test systems
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)