08-08-2011 07:47 AM
This means that the hard drive test has detected a failure and needs to be replaced. Fortunately, the ID code means the system had detected that it has been less than a year from the manufacturer's date and it most likely still under warranty (unless this is a refurbished model or similar).
I would suggest you call HP and see if they can verify your warranty. If so, you could get the hard drive replaced for free.
NOTE: HP may request you send the defective hard drive back.
I am an HP employee.
"I'm looking for a laptop that looks like it's wrapped in super-rich, smoothed out tangerine peels." -TheMusicMaker
08-08-2011 02:05 PM
Contact HP directly, they will guide you on what to do next to get it repaired under warranty
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)