Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook 15-ab029T
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased my laptop on october in 2015. Recently the fan has started making noise and heating. As a result of this battery also drains very fast (it takes hardly 40 minutes to drain fully charged laptop).

Sometimes, when I restart the laptop the problem does not occur. Also the battery drains fast only when the fan makes noise and laptop is heated. 

It has been only 10 months and  the laptop has started developing such issues.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Ankit_K,

Welcome to the HP Forum! 🙂  It is a fantastic site to find information, tips, and suggestions. For you to have the most rewarding experience please review the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.  When I did a search for your model, I got two results. I think you may have missed a letter in the model.( examples Notebook 15-ab029TX or Notebook 15-ab029TU). HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I grasp that you have had your notebook less than a year and you are experiencing a fan noise and overheating. It is also causing your battery to drain faster. Here are links to assist you with this issue.

HP Notebook PCs - Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal

HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating

HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 😎

You can also try testing and calibrating the battery for the best performance. HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

As you have not had the notebook for a year yet, you should still be in warranty. You may consider contacting HP Support for service options if the issue remains unresolved or a hardware issue has been determined. Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support. Should you need to have the warranty updated from your date of purchase, have that information to assist the HP agent.

Please let me know the outcome.

If this post helps you to resolve the issue, please pay it forward by clicking "Accept as Solution", to the right of the "Thumbs Up' icon. You can click the thumbs up icon to show gratitude! 

Sparkles1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.