Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP pavilion dv6 that runs window 7, the finger print sensor is not working!

I have installed the Validity Sensor Driver: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45050.exe and Digital Personal Fingerprint Reader Software: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50001-50500/sp50048.exe

When i complete the reader software i get a message saying - the system cannot verify that the fingerprint reader is installed, instsall driver.

Can anyone provided me with a link to intall this driver or to fix my problem?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ßôo

Hi,
Check the link below:
HP SimplePass Identity Protection, Validity fingerprint and Windows 7

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

View solution in original post

64 REPLIES 64
HP Recommended

Hi,
Please write your notebook product number (p/n) and country of purchase.

Resource:
How to Locate the Notebook product number (p/n)

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

i have the same problem my model is

hp pavilion dv7-4173us os windows 7

it keeps telling me not detecting reader idk what to do but i miss it :{

HP Recommended

@ßôo

Hi,
Check the link below:
HP SimplePass Identity Protection, Validity fingerprint and Windows 7

HP Recommended

@  Daniel

ty so much it works again :} it was driving me insane LOL.

HP Recommended

hi I have the Pavilion dv7-3225dx and my finger reader is not working i have installed the driver but nothing PLEASE HELP!!!!!

HP Recommended

@xelastik2002

Hi,
Please write your notebook product number (p/n), which system are you using and country of purchase.

Resource:
How to Locate the Notebook product number (p/n)

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a similar problem

HP DM4- 3025tx

Bought in China

Using windows 7 ultimate (but i changed from original windows home basic...)

Thank you

HP Recommended

Sorry, just a quick correction

Product name: hp pavilion dm4 A9R87PA#AB

HP Recommended

@ndibassa

Hi,

Answer on your question is already written by me here.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.