03-03-2009 12:29 AM
List of problems that I have encountered.
1. the bottom part of the Notebook computer gets really hot.
2. The system hangs up with a "BLUE Screen " error messages.
At this point, After the Blue Screen error,the system will have a problem booting up successfully, you will encounter problems like:
the screen stays blank and hang up so many times that the only choice is turn off and turn it back on and also the computer will have problem showing the BIOS menu messages. (the F1, F2, F8, F10 (BIOS setUp), F11(restore) and F12).
if it does boot up it will ask\ take you to do a Restore or Boot system normal or it checks the hard disk for errors which takes a lot of time.
NOTE: You will encounter item #2 when you do a Power shutdown in a successful load of Window Vista.
This is how I fix the blue screen issue. this one works for me. Try it Please amnd let me know!
1. Go to www.hp.com
2. Select Support and Drivers (Have your system do a automatic detect)
3. Go to BIOS section
4. Download and install the old BIOS version F.0A
5. Do a RESTORE (a Company Default Settings)
6, After a successful restore, Re-Start the computer.
You notebook computer should work normal, it works just like when you first bought the computer.
I hope this helps you!
06-07-2009 10:41 PM
I have a dv2614tx notebook and I m experiencing the same problem.
Currently the screen went blank and it juz won't boot .....
What should I do now? Shoul I juz switch on n off until it works again?
01-27-2010 07:15 AM
my pavilion dv2500 with service tag dv2690ee, crashed when playing zynga poker at facebook. First it went stale formed colored green blue and yellow lines, then went stale and went blank. Power off, and then on and still did the same lines, and wnet blank, What was wrong and what should be done?
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)